County Administrator's Office
Welcome to the County of Sonoma. We take great pride in serving our residents and visitors and thank you for taking the time to visit our website.
The Board of Supervisors appoints the County Administrator. In addition to assisting the Board in managing, directing and coordinating the operations of all county departments, the County Administrator also prepares the county budget and makes recommendations to the Board to promote economy and efficiency within the county.
The County Administrator's Office assists the Board of Supervisors in managing, directing and coordinating the operation of all departments over which the Board exercises control. The County Administrator also appoints thethe Directors of General Services, Information Services Department, Department of Emergency Management, Permit Sonoma, Human Services, Child Support Services and Human Resources.
Sonoma County Five-Year Strategic Plan
The Board approved Sonoma County’s Five-Year Strategic Plan in March, 2021 to provide the context to inform policies and projects that are prioritized for the next five years. The plan will guide how we align short and long-term objectives with operations and budgets. In the first year of implementation the County developed plans for achieving each objective and the Board allocated five million dollars to unfunded objectives. Learn more about the Strategic Plan.
Major Activities of the County Administrator's Office
- Monitor and assess departments’ County’s use of the Racial Equity Toolkit for significant policy items.
- Manage high priority projects and new initiatives as directed by the Board of Supervisors
- Review of all Agenda Items for the Weekly Meetings of the Board of Supervisors
- Evaluation of Performance of Appointed Department Heads
- Responsibility for Managing and Coordinating the County' Emergency Services Function
- Legislative Analysis for the Board of Supervisors and all County Departments
- Preparation of Studies and Analyses including Quarterly Financial Reports and Multi-Year Budget Projections
- Preparation of the County Budget Preparation of the County's Capital Improvement Program
- Staff Services to the Criminal Justice Council and the Health and Human Services Council
No Upcoming Events...
Board of Supervisors receives update from Golden State Connect on progress toward reliable, affordable internet for Sonoma County
Construction of a broadband system for rural residents in California could begin by the end of the year, according to Golden State Connect, a regional Joint Powers Authority established to increase access to high-speed internet for residents and businesses in unincorporated areas of Sonoma County and 38 other rural member counties.