General Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Parents or caretakers with children under 18 who live with them may be eligible for SonomaWORKS benefits if:
- they are U.S. citizens or meet residency requirements, and
- at least one of the child’s parents is unemployed, disabled, constantly absent or deceased.
An Economic Assistance staff member will calculate the amount you can receive. The amount varies by how many people are in your household and other factors in your life situation. The maximum monthly benefit for a single person is $377.
You receive some benefits on an ATM-style plastic card, called an Electronic Benefit Transfer or EBT card. Purchases can be made from stores that accept the EBT card or at ATMs displaying the QUEST logo. Rent benefits are paid directly to the landlord.
Report the problem as soon you can:
In-Person: Your card can be replaced immediately at:
- Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa
- Employment & Training, 2227 Capricorn Way, Suite 100, Santa Rosa
- Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma
Yes. We can help you apply.
Don’t share your PIN with anyone. Never write it on the card or anything kept with the card. Never keep your Social Security number with your card or PIN to prevent identity theft.
Either visit Economic Assistance to select another PIN, or call the customer service telephone number, (877) 328-9677. You need to provide information to verify your identity. Your new PIN will work with your current EBT card.