Apply for CalFresh
Attention CalFresh Applicants!
Effective 7/25/22, the process for conducting your application interview has changed. You will receive an appointment letter that provides the appointment date and window of time, however you will need to call us at (877) 699-6868 during that appointment timeframe to complete your interview. The county will not be contacting you to complete the application interview. If you do not have a phone, or would prefer to be seen in-person, you may come to our office at 2550 Paulin Dr, Santa Rosa or 5350 Old Redwood Hwy N, Ste 100, Petaluma to complete the interview. If you do not complete your interview by the scheduled date, you will received a notice of missed appointment and your CalFresh may be denied if the interview is not completed by the end of the application period.
Apply to CalFresh online, by phone, Fax, postal mail or in-person. If you cannot answer all the questions, you can submit an incomplete application with your name, address and signature, then work with our staff to complete the information.
You'll need to be ready to answer questions about:
- The number of people in your home
- The money you get from a job or other places
- Your housing costs, including rent, mortgage and utilities
- Some of the things you own
- A few other bills
- CalFresh only: getcalfresh.org in English and Spanish. You can fill out the application online and we will notify you of your scheduled appointment.
- CalFresh and Medi-Cal: mybenefitscalwin.org in English and Spanish. Many people are eligible for both benefit programs. By applying at this website, you can find out. Once we receive your application, we will notify you of your scheduled appointment.
- Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa Google Maps™ Directions
- Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma Google Maps™ Directions
Apply by Fax or Postal Mail
- Fax: (707) 565-5252
- Mail: P.O. Box 1539, Santa Rosa, CA 95402
- Download the application
The following is a list of documents that could be needed to process your application.
|Social Security Number (SSN)||
|Housing & Utility Costs||
Paper verifications will not be requested if the county already has current information or the information can be electronically verified.
If you are having difficulty obtaining the requested information, please let the Eligibility Specialist know. The County may be able to help you get the required documents.
If You Need Food Right Away
You may be able to get CalFresh benefits within three days depending on your income.
- To meet your food needs now, contact the groups listed on the Other Local Food Programs page.